The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is committed to making cycling a safe, enjoyable and practical mode of transport.
Cycle Confident works in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to provide cycle training.
We currently offer the following services:
- FREE 1 to 1 Cycle Skills sessions. Whether you're a first time rider or a regular cyclist looking to improve your skills, your instructor will tailor the session to suit your individual abilities and goals. Choose from: Basic Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Urban Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Advanced Cycle Skills Book now or read more...
- FREE Family Cycle Skills sessions. Gain confidence and learn skills to cycle as a family. Your instructor will tailor the session to your requirements. Book now or read more...
- Themed rides. We organise a variety of rides throughout the year with different themes such as photography and urban nature, films and our classic Christmas ride in December. The idea is to discover new quieter routes and beautiful corners in the borough, whilst learning something new. Please check the Bikeminded website for more details.
- Social Cycling programme. The programme runs from Monday to Saturday during term time. We offer drop-sessions for all levels in small groups: beginners, intermediate and advanced. There are two cycling hubs, where we run the courses and provide bikes: the Westway Sports Centre (W10 6RP) and Chelsea Theatre (SW10 0DR). Please get in touch for details by emailing: email@example.com
- Advanced Discovery Rides. These are longer rides for confident cyclists that usually last half a day in the parks and cafes. They usually take place during the weekends and we explore different parts of London by bike. See Upcoming Events for more details and to book a place.
For any queries relating to the training on offer please contact us.
Other services provided by Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Dr Bike. The regular public Dr Bike are sessions which you can attend to have expert mechanics give your bike a basic check for safety and minor adjustments to ensure it's working efficiently. You can also have your bike security marked to improve its security. No need to booking, visit Bikeminded for dates and details.
- Maintenance Courses. Free bike maintenance courses are available at the Bikeworks Hub under the Westway. Each one-day course is held on a Saturday from 10am to 4pm (including 1-hour lunch). Visit Bikeminded for more details and to book a place.
- Level 1 is a 'bicycle first aid' course, it covers all the basics.
- Level 2 is an intermediate course, participants should have completed, or be confident in, the topics covered in level 1.
- Try Before You Buy. If you want to start cycling but are unsure about the initial expense of buying a bike then consider 'Try before you bike’ a brand new bike and accessories for just £20 per month, or an eBike from £50 per month, and the option to return the bike if you're not enjoying the experience. Visit Peddle my Wheels for more details and to sign up.
Free copies of cycle maps detailing routes in the borough are available from the TFL website
For other cycling enquiries these contact information may be useful :